The Montane Prism Jacket has been awarded the coveted ‘Recommended’ rosette from UK’s leading outdoor publication: The Great Outdoors Magazine.
Tested as part of a comparative insulation review of ten jackets, the Prism’s host of intuitive and reliable features – coupled with price point – made it stand out among its competitors.
“…this is an excellent top to wear as a combined mid and shell garment in winter weather.”
Year round essential mountain insulation
- Fully adjustable roll-away insulated climbing helmet compatible hood with stiffened peak
- Articulated arms for high reach movement
- Full- YKK VISLON® front zip with internal storm flap (two-way zip Alpine red only)
- External chest pocket with YKK zip
- Two insulated map-sized hand pockets with YKK zips
- Low bulk elasticated cuffs
- Adjustable hem with cinchable drawcord
- Stuffs into the right-hand pocket with internal carabiner loop
Excellent, practical hood
Being highlighted as the ‘best in the review’, the Prism’s hood was applauded for its excellent weather protection and adjustability.
The Alpine Red Prism Jacket features a 2-way zip – ideal for outdoor professionals and rescue services
It was conceded that, whilst being one of the heavier jackets on test, its substantial feature set and world-famous versatility atones for this, and still weighs in at only 420g (size: Large).